Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Conversation with a 2 Year Old

This past weekend Joe and I went to Las Vegas for a few days to celebrate our bachelor/bachelorette parties with friends, so we left Ella with Grandma & Grandpa for a bit. Whenever we are away from her for even a day it becomes very apparent that she is growing up right before our eyes.

Tonights conversation on the way home from daycare is a perfect example. It went something like this:
(Saw a lawn ornament in someone's yard by daycare)
Ella: why that not in my yard?
Mom: because you don't live there?
E: why?
M: because you live with mommy & daddy.
E: I not want to live with mommy & daddy.
M: that's not very nice. who will take care of you? who is going to feed you, bath you, change your diapers, etc?
E: Mac (our cat)
M: well we have a problem then because Mac can't open the fridge.
E: I open the fridge all by myself.
M: you have a point. who will change your diapers?
E: I will.
M: who will make your meals?
E: I put chicken nuggets in the oven.
M: why don't you want to live with mommy & daddy?
E: cause I not need you!
M: ouch

No comments:

Post a Comment