Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Anything New?

Tonight my (our) friend Leanne asked if I had blogged anything new since YESTERDAY - to which I replied, "I have nothing to say, nothing has happened." She went on to tell me that I would eventually feel more comfortable writing about every day occurrences versus needing an "event" in order to write. Then I realized that she is always asking me if you are doing anything new and usually since life is chaotic, I reply with, "No - not really." But - if I actually take the time to think about it, you do new things every day that are worth mentioning.
Lately you have been a little pistol for me (not your dad, of course) and last night you almost drowned in the bath tub due to one of your tantrums. Apparently you felt it was time to get out of the tub, right in the middle of washing your hair - so of course my hands were covered in soap and you were extremely slippery. I tried to control you and remain calm while you thrashed around as if you were riding a bull and I eventually had to call your dad in to help control you and get your hair rinsed. Needless to say, I was a bit frustrated with you and you are lucky that you didn't accidentally/deliberately drown.
Here is the latest tantrum picture caught in action. We get things like this so that we can use them later in life as blackmail. :D

You are also just beginning to experience a new emotion - sadness. When something happens that doesn't go your way you simply hang your head, stick out your lip and pout. It's so darn cute - we will have to try to catch it on video for you to see someday.
Speaking of video - here is a Video from today playing on the slide when we got home from daycare. That laugh is the most AMAZING sound in the world.

Thank you for making our days so much brighter. We love you.

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful idea and something that you are doing to mark the importance of being a mother who loves her daughter enough to be vulnerable. The everyday activities are what create a warm and loving relationship between the three of you not the money or the trips, it's the time that you spend with her everyday. You can already see in your videos how much she has come to trust you.

    ReplyDelete